Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Event 1: Inside the Rail

$500 +$60 Deep Stack NLH (Re-Entry)

Hey everyone, unfortunately my double-up didn't happen and I'm no longer Inside the Rail, but am on the outside looking in.

After running into pocket sixes in a blind vs. blind battle, I was down to 8k (5 BB). Then I got it all in with AQ against yet again, pocket 6s. The board runs out J-J-10-J-K, but the meaningless straight on the river is trumped by my opponent's full house.

I would have loved a piece of the the $936,500 prize pool and a shot at the $165,053 first place haul, but was never able to get anything going. In the next day or so, I'll be providing a more detailed account of my experience at the Borgata Winter Poker Open.

Best of luck to all the remaining players.

Cheers, Jennifer

Jen Shahade, a writer, entrepreneur and games player who is providing her insights from Event 1. She is a two-time American Women’s Chess Champion and is a contributor to PokerStars.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment