Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Event 1: Inside the Rail

$500 +$60 Deep Stack NLH (Re-Entry)

Writer, entrepreneur and games player Jen Shahade provides her insights from Event 1.

Hey there, I made it past the dinner break so I’ve at least earned a $10 food voucher against the $560 buy-in! weeee.

Sadly, I only have about 12 big blinds (19k) so I’m going to need a lot of luck in the next levels to make it to the end of the night. My table has been pretty fun with a lot of action though I’m obviously not happy with my stack.

Jen Shahade

It’s hard for me to say whether I missed spots in the previous level (i.e shoving a late position opener light from the blinds with an appropriate stack size) or if they just weren’t quite there. Often the truth is a mixture of the two and I feel that it’s always possible to get more precise at these things, despite the seeming simplicity of playing with relatively few blinds. I’ll go over a few specific spots after the event is over.

One of the things I love about tournament poker and the Borgata is the great community atmosphere. It’s also nice to see a lot of women in the field.

I saw many female pros at surrounding tables, including May Siu, Amanda Musumeci, Cherish Andrews, Marguerite Spagnuolo and the aforementioned Jamie Kerstetter. I even saw a table with more women than men, although at that very table a raucous argument broke out. So don’t go saying women are more “peaceful” than men!

I’ll definitely need some run good after dinner. Look for my double or bust tweets @jenshahade and be sure to follow @BorgataPoker throughout the series. Until next time, Jennifer

Play resumes with level 12 (800/1,600/200 ante).

No comments:

Post a Comment