Monday, January 23, 2012

Event 8: Big Hand Before Break

$400 + $50 Deep Stack No Limit Hold'em (Re-Entry)


Ben Geller and Tom Evers are in a big hand that lasts that lasts halfway into the 15 minute break. On a board of 5 9 8♠ 10♣, chip leader chip leader Tom Evers check-calls a 268k bet.

The river is the 2h, Evers checks again and Geller goes in the tank.  After several minutes Geller says, "I give up, you win."  Evers shows A 7 for ace high and Geller says, "I knew I should've bet the river," and tables K Q, king high.

Evers says, "I'm calling, unless you move all-in. I think I'm good."  Evers still has the chip lead with 3.1 million (62 BB), Geller drops to 1.3 million, but is keeping the table off balance.

Earlier Geller tanked for just as long and showed a bluff after another player folded to his 5-bet shove.

Players are on a 10 minute break and play resumes with blinds at 25k/50k/4k ante.  The remaining 12 players have an average stack of 1.1 million (23 BB).

No comments:

Post a Comment