Monday, January 23, 2012

Event 8: 3rd Place - Boatwright

$400 + $50 Deep Stack No Limit Hold'em (Re-Entry)

Daryl Boatwright (Sicklerville, NJ) 
$19,276

Boatwright loses his last 1.4 million chips to Trevor Graffa after losing his final hand with Q♠ 5♠.

"It was pretty straight forward," says Boatwright about his run through the tournament.  "I put my money in good and got a lot of folds to my three-bets, so I took down a lot of pots preflop."

This is Boatwright's second cash of the series after finishing 157th in Event 1 ($1,136) and his second career Borgata final table.  He's a loan processor for a mortgage company and is taking the month off to play as much poker as he can.

"When I'm there (work) I'm thinking about being here. I've had moderate success and ready to go full steam ahead," he says while contemplating playing poker full time.

Boatwright is looking at playing the Main Event after winning $19,276 for his third place finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment