Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Event 14: Weiss Wins Heads Up

$1500 + $150 Heads Up NLH

 Lazewski Congratulates Weiss on the Win

Matt Weiss beats Scott Lazewski two games to none in the best of three championship series. On the final hand Lazewski is all in with pocket twos against two overs.

Lazewski: 2♣ 2
Weiss: K 10♠

Flop: 3♠ 6♣ 6

Turn: 10(Weiss pair of 10s)

River 9

Weiss wins the title with a pair of 10s.  "It hasn't sunk in yet," says Weiss, who wins $25,026.  "I feel like I need to see my friends and girlfriend before it does."
 
Lazewski settles for $12,513 as runner-up in a final that was never really close. "I think I had the chip lead for one hand," jokes Lazewski. He says he ran well most of the tournament, "until the end," adding, "I'd love to play him again, but he deserves it."

Weiss adds that winning a heads up title has been his goal and is redemption after losing his first match in the 2011 Borgata Fall Poker Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment